Amazon Ad RevenueAd Revenue Per Quarter
Amazon Ads News & Events
Amazon Sponsored Ad News
- Feb 3, 2023 - Amazon recorded $31.2B in sponsored ad revenue in 2021 - the first full year of results ever revealed by Amazon. Source
- 2020 - In 2020 eMarketer estimated Amazon ad revenue came in around $15.73B. Amazon’s market share of United States online ad spend goes to 10.3%. Source
- 2019 - In 2019 eMarketer estimated Amazon ad revenue grew to nearly $10B. That represented 8% of the digital ad market. Source
- 2018 - eMarketer estimated Amazon’s ad business had $4.61B in revenue in 2018. That accounted for a 4.1% of the online ad marketshare. Source
- 2017 - eMarketer estimated Amazon’s ad business had $1.65B in revenue during 2017. Source
- 2016 - According to Barclays Amazon’s ad business generated $1.4B in revenue in 2016. Source
- 2015 - Estimates believe Amazon’s ad business crossed $1B in annual revenue for the first time in 2015. Source
- 2014 - Based on Amazon ad revenue estimates for 2013 and 2015 - it’s likely Amazon ad revenue for 2014 was around $1B.
- 2013 - E-Marketer estimated in 2013 Amazon’s ad business was around $835M. Source
- 2012 - Amazon’s ad business was estimated at $610M in 2012. Early forecasts for 2013 were $835M. Source
- 2011 - E-Marketer estimated in 2011 Amazon’s ad business was around $419M. Source
Amazon Sponsored Ad Example - Every search result for "golf balls" is a sponsored ad above the fold on an iPhone.